Thursday, November 18, 2010

Krishna and Jesus Taught Alike

SWAMI VISHWANANDA: Look at the life of Jesus. it is so beautiful. He taught mankind how to transcend the ego into the Divine Self. When you go deeper into the mystery of it, you will see that Krishna taught the same. He has shown it to mankind. We also have to continuously remind ourselves that we are the children of God.

Whenever we have a problem we identify ourselves with the problem and say: "Oh, God has turned his back on us." We don't realize that we have turned our back on ourselves. If we look deeper within by turning our gaze inwardly, we would find the solution for every problem. Everything that you want to know, it's just there. –Swami Vishwananda


MAHAVATAR BABAJI QUOTE OF THE DAY

I tell you truly that when that time comes for each of you to detach from the ego, the freedom to be that it brings will give you a different kind of perspective of who you are at the core of your being. And the ego will no longer attract you as to its penchant for being in control of you. -Babaji
http://atmakriya.org/mahavatar-babaji

FOOTPRINTS IN THE SAND


One night I dreamed I was walking
along the beach with the Lord.
Many scenes from my life flashed
across the sky. In each scene I noticed
footprints in the sand.
Sometimes there were two
sets of footprints,
other times there was one only.

This bothered me because I noticed
that during the low periods of my life,
when I was suffering from anguish,
sorrow or defeat, I could see only
one set of footprints,

So I said to the Lord,
“You promised me Lord,
that if I followed you,
you would walk with me always.
But I have noticed that during the
most trying periods of my life there
has only been one set of footprints
in the sand.

Why, when I needed
you most, have you not been there for me?”
The Lord replied,
“The years when you have seen only
one set of footprints, my child, is when I carried you.”

FOOTPRINTS IN THE SAND
by Mary Stevenson (The Original)

No comments: