Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Teacher & Disciple


Swami Vishwananda’s devotee tells the story of when he was eight years old and Swamiji lovingly fulfilled his wish to see Lord Krishna.

Mahavatar Babaji speaks of the cosmic connections of the Biblical story of Jesus’ healing of the sick, paralysed man with palsy.


Swami Vishwananda
In the year 2000, Swami Vishwananda was visiting us and talking with people at our home in Switzerland; at that time I was eight-years-old. Finally, it was my turn to talk with Swami. For a long time, my dad had told me stories of Lord Krishna and I felt Him very close to me. I yearned from my young heart to see Krishna and to be able to talk with Him. Now my golden opportunity had arrived and I asked Swami if he would show me Krishna. Swamiji told me that within three days I would have my wish fulfilled and that I would see Krishna. My eight-year-old mind thought that Krishna would come through the window or that he would suddenly appear behind me. I thought that with Swami’s blessing, Lord Krishna, Himself would appear and speak with me like a normal human being. But it didn’t happen that way.

On the evening of the third day I had just gotten into bed when, astonishingly, a picture of Krishna appeared to me! I could see only a picture of Krishna with His upper body and face as He played His flute. One after another, people who were unknown to me appeared, as pictures, and I could plainly see Krishna in them. Krishna was suddenly everywhere! In every item and in every person I could see Him. It was a very special feeling and experience; I felt as if I was free and everything was one...

The morning after the three days had passed Swami called my father and asked if I had seen Krishna. When my father asked me, I answered, “No”, because I was disappointed that I had not seen Krishna the way I imagined I would. My father told Swami on the phone that I had not seen Krishna and Swami laughed. Later I realized that not only did I see Krishna, but that Swami Vishwananda had granted me my first experience of unity with God!

Jagadguru Mahavatar Babaji

[Excerpted from Unity With The Divine] . . . In the Biblical story of the sick man with palsy, Christ, being an enlightened being with full power and so ordained from the Father, gives the example of the perfect spiritual teacher-disciple relationship through his interaction with the paralyzed man.Christ Jesus knew the past, present and future of the soul whose vibration existed within the physical form brought before him for healing. Like the mother who sits at the bedside of her sick child through the night until the fever breaks, Christ Jesus had stayed etherically with the sick man throughout his many incarnations.

Jesus knew that it was the man’s soul desire to transform himself into freedom from the wheel of karma, the return of his soul lifetime after lifetime to planet Earth. At the moment the paralyzed man looked into the eyes of Christ Jesus, his Guru of many lifetimes, from the depths of his soul he chose freedom. Christ knew this! He accepted the karma of his old disciple and therefore said: “Son be of good cheer; thy sin [karma] be forgiven thee.” . . .

From Utpalavati With Love:
A friend sent the following to me yesterday. He told me he copied it from another place on the Internet. My friend does not know the source of the message, but it is believed it could have been written by a Revered Saint from the Indian Himalayas or one of his disciples. The message is seemingly written to people the Saint loves dearly even if they do not believe it. Those ones are reputed to be ones, who currently may be going through “the dark night of the soul.” It is said that many of these people firmly believe the Saint to be the source of their pain and sorrow. The words, regardless of who may have written them touched me personally and inspired me greatly! The Saint Writes:

I love you, because I love you,
No matter what.
I see the Love you are!

I trust in Love.
You and I are one!

Who knows but He? But we can imagine without harm, that perhaps the Saint then offered a symbolic olive branch, or maybe a prayer for recovery and healing. For certain, The Saint quoted words of Love and Hope. For He then wrote to those souls in the throes of seemingly dark pain, the following quote from the Bible:

Corinthians 13: 4–8:

Love is patient, Love is kind,
It does not envy, It does not boast,
It is not proud, It is not rude,
It is not self-seeking,
It is not easily angered,
It keeps no record of wrongs.

Love does not delight in evil,
but rejoices with the truth.

Love always protects, always trusts,
always hopes, always perseveres.

Love bears all things, believes all things,
hopes all things, endures all things.

Love never ends.

L o v e N e v e r F a i l s.
__________________________________________________________
Babaji: “My offer of spiritual assistance is eternally vigilant, even as the great Himalayan Mountains have stood throughout time as spiritual sentinels for mankind. I ask sincerely: Are you ready?­­­­­­­­­­” Babaji writes letters on this blog and welcomes comments and questions
.
___________________________________________________
COMMENTS: CLICK ON ”COMMENTS” BELOW And/Or BOXES
COMMENT NOTE
: For Reader Comments: Moderator of Blog checks daily the comments for Previous One Week too date (today calendar date). Comments pertaining to posts made previously (backwards) one week may be placed on current day’s post. Please reference date of entry you are posting your comment.

No comments: